Sorry, there are no products in this collection
Continuing the 6th Generation trend, HP’s DL180 G6 is a 2U Enterprise Server focused on Power Management and Energy Efficiency. This refurbished server is a great option for Small to Medium Business looking to handle commonplace daily activities or for major datacenters in need of a strong 2U storage server.
HP ProLiant DL180 G6 - 14 Bay Maximum Configuration: 2 X5670 2.93 GHz Hex Core Intel CPUs, 192GBs of DDR3 Memory, and 14TB of Hard Drive Space
Cloud Ninjas is proud to offer both pre-ponfigured servers and the option to customized your HP ProLiant DL180 G6. Used Server In. Refurbished Servers out. Our motto for tested, clean, reliable refurbished IT Equipment.
Know what you need, but not sure where to start? Contact Cloud Ninjas today to help compare your options.
Cloud Ninjas' HP ProLiant DL180 G6 Tips
The DL180 G6 is the 2U brother of the DL180 G6 offering a versatile package to handle a numerous applications. This system was designed for companies in need of Scale Out Computing or High Performance Computing. HP’s ProLiant DL180 G6 is great for running Web 2.0, databases, collaboration or virtualization. If your company needs an everyday server to manage daily tasks such as File, Print or Storage, then the DL180 G6 is an outstanding option to consider.
This 2U server is beast when speaking about internal storage. There are two chassis options, the 14Bay and the 25Bay. With 14 Hard Drive Bays, the DL180 G6 takes the LFF 3.5in Hard Drives with maximum internal storage of 28TB (2TB x 14). The 25Bay chassis runs the SFF 2.5in Hard Drives and supports up to 15TB of SAS (25 x 600GB SAS) or 12.5TB of SATA (25 x 500GB SATA). Similar to the DL160 G6, the chassis supporting 3.5in (LFF) drives actually provides more internal storage with less upfront cost. For this reason, we recommend filling the 14Bay option with 2 TBs to max out at 28TBs. Why spend extra money on the 25Bay? Save a few dollars.
Similar to most of HP’s 6th Generation Server Line, the ProLiant DL180 G6 runs on Intel Nehalem and Westmere CPUs, which are powered by Hyper-Threading Technology. With this system, HP took advantage of Intel’s quick receiving the most out of the 12 DIMM Slots. Really you cannot go wrong when you pop in two Intel 5500 or 5600 CPUs. However, Cloud Ninjas highly recommends either the max configuration (2 x X5675) or take advantage of the value configuration (2 x E5620).
HP’s DL180 G6 has 12 DIMM Slots which is less than its 1U little brother, DL160 G6, which supports 18 DIMM Slots. You can run 6 DIMMs per CPU and will need 2 CPUs to support all 12 DIMM Slots. With the DL180 G6, it is your choice of UDIMM or RDIMM. The Unbuffered DIMMs are more energy efficient but allow for less overall RAM. The Registered DDR3 DIMMs will support up to a whooping 192GB (12 x 16GB). Whereas, Unbuffered DIMMs can only support up to 48GB (12 x 4GB). We recommend buying UDIMMs if you do not need or foresee needing more than 48GB. The Unbuffered DIMMs are less expensive and consume less power. If you foresee needing more the 48GB, then make sure you buy Registered DIMMs so you have scalability options in future.
HP ProLiant DL380 G6 Memory Configuration
The DL380 G6 is a Dual Processor system with 9 DIMM slots per CPU. There are three memory channels per CPU. Each memory channel manages three DIMM slots. This means the DL380 G6 will only support two Quad Rank or two unbuffered DIMMs per channel. Along with standard RDIMMs and UDIMMs, the DL380 G6 also supports options for low voltage. Different speeds can be mixed but the modules will function at the slowest speed installed.
Cloud Ninjas' HP ProLiant DL380 G6 Memory Upgrade Tips
- The HP ProLiant DL380 G6 was designed with eighteen memory slots and two CPU sockets.
- Each CPU controls nine DIMM slots, split into 3 memory channels, with each channel supporting 3 memory sockets.
- The same goes for Unbuffered DIMMs. The DL380 G6 can only govern two UDIMMs per memory channel, which means 12 UDIMMs total per system.
- The ProLiant DL380 G6 is compatible with 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB and 32GB ECC Registered (RDIMMs) Memory Modules.
- This server will also support 1GB, 2GB, 4GB or 8GB UDIMMs. The Maximum amount of unbuffered memory is 96GB (12 x 8GB).
- The Maximum amount of ECC Registered RAM the HP ProLiant DL380 G6 server can hold is 576GB (18 x 32GB).
- The DL380 G6 will manage up to 18 single or dual rank DIMMs, or up to 12 Quad Rank modules.
- DO NOT MIX DIFFERENT MEMORY TYPES.
- Speed options for the ProLiant DL380 G6 include: 1066 to 1866 MHz.
- Load reducing modules are not compatible with the DL380 G6.
- Only DDR3 memory will work. DDR2 and DDR4 modules are not compatible.
- Do NOT mix different memory types, this will result in errors.
- Desktop modules will not work inside a HP DL380 G6 Server.
- Buy the maximum amount of RAM from Cloud Ninjas for your ProLiant DL380 G6!
- To properly configure your system, install a minimum of three memory modules to initialize boot.