Sorry, there are no products in this collection
If you are looking for a server that has the capability of fulfilling multiple roles while occupying very little rack space, the Dell PowerEdge R610 Server is the right option for you. This 11th generation, 1U server is designed for high performance, power efficiency, and ease of maintenance, at a competitive price tag. The 6Bay 1U Dell Server is scalable to 12TB with 6x 2TB configuration, making it the perfection solution for enhanced virtualization, hosting, clustering, and other similar applications.
Dell PowerEdge R610 - 6 Bay Maximum Configuration: two X5670 2.93GHz Hex Core Intel CPUs, 192GBs of DDR3 Memory, and 6TBs of Hard Drive Space
The Cloud Ninjas team is proud to offer the ability to customize your Dell PowerEdge R610 or choose from one of our Pre-Configured Servers. The 11th generation of Dell's PowerEdge series continues to uphold the reputation as a premier line of enterprise servers. Used Servers in. Refurbished Servers out. Cloud Ninjas' motto for clean, tested, affordable and reliable refurbished IT equipment.
Know what you need, but not sure where to start? Contact Cloud Ninjas today to help compare your options.
Cloud Ninjas' Dell PowerEdge R610 Tips
Dell’s R610 is a robust server that can be utilized for many applications. Great as a reliable everyday server for email, print & storage. This PowerEdge offers enhanced virtualization with multiple VMWare capabilities. Some other applications include hosting, clustering or as a redundant server. This Dell 1U server offers efficiency and scalability in an affordable package.
There are two generations of R610. The chassis options are same for both generations and offer 6 bays for 2.5in SAS/SATA or Solid State Drives. This 6 Bay 1U Dell Server is scalable to 12TB with 2TB x 6 configuration. Welcome to top of the line 1U storage. Cloud Ninjas recommend maxing out the R610 upon initial purchase to receive superior performance over its lifetime.
Similar to the R410, R510 and R710, the Dell PowerEdge R610 handles two Quad Core or Six Core Intel CPUs employing Hyper-Threading Technology. The R610 is powered by the Nehalem (55xx Series) and Westmere (56xx Series). This means the PowerEdge R710 is operated by top of the line Intel CPUs. The R610 is a beefy replacement to the older PE1950. For maximum processing power, Cloud Ninjas recommend utilizing two Hex Core X5680 (3.33GHz) Intel CPUs. The top value CPU would be two E5620 (2.4GHz).
The Dell R610 supports 12 DIMM Slots and runs on DDR3 ECC Registered or Unbuffered DIMMs. This refurbished Dell server will operate with your choice of 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB and 16GB Module Sizes. Maximum RAM equals 192GB (12x 16GB). In order to maximize the longevity of your R610, we strongly recommend an upfront investment on the 192GB Configuration. A value configuration would be 48GB (12 x 4GB).
Dell PowerEdge R610 Memory Configuration
The R610 is a Dual Processor system with 6 DIMM slots per CPU. There are three memory channels per CPU. Each memory channel manages two DIMM slots. Along with standard RDIMMs and UDIMMs, the R610 also supports options for standard or low voltage. You cannot mix different memory types. Different speeds can be mixed but the modules will function at the slowest speed installed.
Cloud Ninjas' Dell R610 Memory Upgrade Tips
- There are a total of 12 DIMM slots on the Dell R610 server.
- Sizes supported: 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, or 32GB ECC Registered (RDIMM); and 2GB, 4GB or 8GB Unbuffered (UDIMMs).
- DO NOT MIX DIFFERENT MEMORY TYPES.
- The R610 maxes out at 384GB of ECC Registered memory (12 x 32GB). Whereas unbuffered tops out at 128GB (16 x 8GB).
- The speeds supported are 1066 to 1866 Mhz.
- When purchasing new memory it is best to purchase identical memory modules to what your system already has. Your current server configuration will determine the supported DIMM type and speed.
- Think Long Term! Purchase the maximum amount that your PowerEdge R610 can hold and avoid wasting time and money on modules you won't be able to use if you upgrade again.
- The total number of memory modules that you should have in your PowerEdge R610 should equal 2, 3, 6, or 12. To properly configure your system, install a minimum of two memory modules first.